- H. Ashworth, O.S.B., "The Prayers for the Dead in the Missal of Pope Paul VI", Ephemerides Liturgicae 85 (1971) 3-15. A very brief glimpse of the rationale behind the reform of the prayers of the Masses for the Dead. The article is in English.
- A. Dumas, O.S.B., "Les préfaces du nouveau missel", Ephemerides Liturgicae 85 (1971) 16-28. Again, a very brief glimpse of the rationale behind one aspect of the liturgical reform: this time, the Prefaces of the Missal. The second half of the article is a very useful list of the sources of each of the Prefaces in the 1970 typical edition of the Missale Romanum. This article is in French.
Please click on the article titles above to download them!
Note: If you're interested in doing your own comparison of the 1970 Missal texts with the source texts, there are a few invaluable places on the web to help you out:
- The Italian-language website liturgia.it, specifically the section in the left-hand sidebar entitled "Fontes liturgici".
- PDF copies of the Gelesian and Veronense Sacramentaries can be downloaded from Scribd thanks to a user called officiumdivinum (you may have to register with Scribd to do this).
- Archive.org has a few more Sacramentaries available for free download - search for "sacramentary" or "sacramentarium". (There are plenty of other fantastic Catholic books on archive.org if you're willing to search for them!)